Storm Tree Cleanup
Storm Tree Cleanup will begin May 9
The Public Works Department will be conducting the Storm Tree Cleanup beginning May 9. Because of the large amount of damage City Crews are unable to give a definite schedule at this time. They will keep residents updated as they move through the neighborhoods.
To accommodate the needs of residents, as well as the City collection crews, the City has been divided into eight collection areas to be serviced throughout the cleanup:
- May 9- Area A: North of Kansas Avenue to South of Mary Street between Fleming Street and By-Pass, and North of Mary Street to North City Limits between Main Street and By-Pass.
- Area B: North of Drainage Ditch to North City Limits between West City Limits and Main Street.
- Area C: North of Kansas Avenue to south of Mary Street between Main Street and Fleming Street.
- Area D: North of Kansas Avenue to Drainage Ditch between Taylor Ave. and Main Street.
- Area E: South City Limits to Fulton Street between Taylor Avenue and Center Street; South City Limits to Kansas Avenue between Center Street and Jennie Barker Road and Chappel Heights Addition.
- Area F: North of Fulton Street to South of Kansas Avenue between Main Street and Center Street.
- Area G: North of Fulton Street to South of Kansas Avenue between Taylor Avenue and Main Street.
- Area H: North of Fulton Street to south of the drainage ditch between West City Limits and Taylor Avenue.
A PDF map of the cleanup can be found here.
Please note the following regulations:
- All tree debris must be placed by the street curb before your designated pickup date. There will be no alley pickups.
- Tree trimmings must be no longer than 8 feet in length.
- Grass clippings and leaves will not be accepted.
- Shingles or roofing materials will not be accepted.
- Building demolition debris will not be accepted.
The Tree Drop-Off Site at the west end of the Finney County Exhibition will be off limits to dumping between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. Monday through Sunday. The pile will be monitored and violations of dumping unapproved material or after hours will be enforced.