Kansas Avenue Widening Entering Phase 4
The City of Garden City will be widening east Kansas Avenue between Main Street and north Third Street. This project will be completed in six phases, and construction will be underway until the end of August. The tentative schedule for phase four of the widening project, including road closures, is as follows:
Phase 4 Closure: South two lanes of Kansas Avenue at the intersection of Third Street
Phase Duration: July 5, 2017 - July 31, 2017 (TENTATIVE)
- TRAFFIC SHIFT – There will be a traffic shift. The north lanes will be closed and the South lanes will be open; one lane will carry traffic eastbound and one lane will carry traffic westbound.
- Traffic will be restricted to two lanes
- The intersection of Third Street and Kansas Avenue will be partially open during this phase - the South half of the intersection will be open
- No left turns will be available in any direction
- Right In / Right Out access only
- North Third Street will be closed at Kansas Avenue
- Fourth Street south of Kansas Avenue will be open
- Points of access will be allowed through Third Street, Pershing Avenue, and the alleys
- Alternative routes – Pershing Avenue / Old Manor Road / Second Street
Thank you for your patience during this project. If you have any questions, please contact Public Works Director Sam Curran at (620) 276-1260 or Project Manager Roberto Becerril at (620) 276-1170.