- 1:00 p.m. on the first and third Tuesdays of each month
- City Administrative Center
301 N. 8th
Garden City, KS 67846
- Meetings are broadcast live on cable Channel 8. Recent meeting broadcasts are also available on YouTube.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas and packets are available prior to the meetings. Sign up to have them emailed to you or view them with the link below.
- Chris Law, Commissioner
The City Commission is primarily responsible for setting city goals and policy guidelines, approving city budget measures, and providing direction to the city manager. The City Commission is a five-member governing body elected at large by the public. Three of the five Commissioners are elected in each odd-numbered year. The next election will be held in November 2017. The mayor is selected annually by his or her fellow commissioners and presides over commission meetings.
- City Commission Goals - View the goals set by the Commission for 2017-2018.
- Citizen Survey - Find the results of the latest city-wide survey done in early 2009. This survey, requested by the City Commissioners, is part of their desire for better communications between the Governing Body and the citizens of Garden City.
- Your Guide to the City Commission Meetings - Download more information on attending and/or speaking before the City Commission.