The City of Garden City Tree Rebate Program is an effort to encourage Garden City property owners to plant trees. The rebate program, as developed by the Garden City Park and Tree Board is available to purchasers of trees under the following conditions:
- Applications must be submitted prior to the purchase of the tree. Applications are available at the City Engineer’s Office or the Parks Department.
- Tree(s) may be planted anywhere on private property. The front yard is still the preferred location.
- No more than two (2) trees will be rebated per property owner per year.
- Trees must be a minimum of six (6) feet high from soil level to tree top.
- Trees must be a species listed on the Recommended Tree List, attached to the application form or available on the City website.
- Trees must be purchased by residents of Garden City from businesses located in Finney County.
- Spring trees must be purchased between April 1 and June 1 and rebate requests received by June 15 to be eligible.
- Fall trees must be purchased between September 1 and November 30, with the rebate requests returned by December 10.
- Trees must be planted in accordance with the tree Selection, Planting and Maintenance Guide: “Selecting the Right Tree for the Right Place on Private Property.” Rebates will not apply for trees planted in the right-of- way (between sidewalk and curb).
- To receive rebates, purchasers must present a sales slip stating the type, size and cost of the tree to the Parks office located at 106 S. 11th Street.
Half the price of the tree, up to a maximum of $50.00 per tree, will be paid upon meeting the guidelines set above. Funds are limited and rebates are distributed on a “first come, first served” basis. If you have questions regarding this program, please contact the Parks Department at 271-1574, or send an email to email@example.com.