City Administrative Center Remains Open, Closed to Walk-in Traffic
GARDEN CITY - All services out of the City of Garden City Administrative Center (301 N. 8th) remain operational, however, beginning Thursday, March 19, 2020, and extending through April 6, 2020, the building will be closed to walk-in traffic. Staff will deliver services using phone, video conference, online, drive-thru, and drop-off methods. There will be some scheduling of appointments for services that cannot otherwise be handled through the aforementioned methods. Below are the City departments that operate out of the City Administrative Center, the contact information for those departments, and a description of how the City will continue to serve the public in a manner which minimizes your risk of exposure and increases our ability to continue to deliver services over the coming weeks:
Service and Finance/Utility Billing
Payment of Utility Bills:
- Mailing your payment to the City of Garden City, P.O. Box 998, Garden City, KS 67846
- Dropping off your payment in the Curbside Drop-Box on the south end of the City Administrative Center.
- Paying Online – https://www.garden-city.org/onlineutilitypayment You may sign in as a “guest,” but you will need your utility account number.Online payment can be made by check, debit, or credit card.There is a $3 charge, but during the time our offices are closed to walk-in traffic, we will credit your utility account the $3.
- Paying over the phone – Customers can pay over the phone by calling 276-1100. Pressing “1” will service the customer through a secure third-party “automated clerk” and accommodates payment by check, debit, or credit card.There is a $3 charge for this service, but during the time our offices are closed to walk-in traffic, we will credit your utility account $3.Dialing the same number and pressing “2” allows the customer to pay their bill by speaking directly to one of our office clerks and providing them the check, credit, or debit card information.There is no additional charge for this service.
- J.A.C.K. – the utility payment kiosk on the south wall of the building and east of the main doors is operational.We would ask that those who use this kiosk always practice good hand hygiene before and after using the kiosk to protect their health and the health of others.
- Drive-thru – we will continue to operate our drive-thru window on the north end of the City Administrative Center.We do expect increased use of the drive-thru over the coming weeks.Thank you, in advance, for your patience.
Establishing and Stopping Utility Service:
On the City’s website homepage https://www.garden-city.org/home, under the “News” section will be a link to assist a new customer with establishing utility service and to assist an existing customer with stopping utility service. City staff will contact the customer at the phone number provided to assist in completing either process. Fees can be made in this manner by credit or debit card.
Neighborhood & Development Services
Building Permits, Inspections, and dropping off plans – All services will be by appointment. Please first call 276-1120. You may also email email@example.com. Staff will coordinate with you directly on how to best serve you.
Zoning Development and new businesses – Please call 276-1170.
Engineering – Please call 276-1170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many services for Neighborhood & Development Services are available on the City’s website: https://www.garden-city.org/government/departments/neighborhood-and-development-services
All applications and Freedom of Information forms are available on the City’s website: https://www.garden-city.org/government/departments/city-clerk. For questions or to schedule an appointment, please call 276-1161 or email email@example.com.
Services provided to the public out of the Human Resources Department are available on the City’s website: https://www.garden-city.org/government/departments/human-resources. For questions and to schedule an appointment, please call 276-1175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
City Manager’s Office
Information Technology & Communications
Public Works Administration
Interim Public Works Director Andy Liebelt can be reached by phone at 271-1574 or by email at email@example.com.
Rhonda Griffin can be reached by phone at 276-1260 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bids delivered by hand may still be delivered by hand if arrangements to do so are made by calling in advance and making arrangements.
Public bid openings scheduled for days between March 19, 2020, and April 6, 2020, will still take place at 301 N. 8th, and the location will be communicated to the bidders. The specific location will be made known outside the front entrance of the City Administrative Center with a sign or a staff person present to give further direction.
Finney County GIS
Finney County GIS, which offices out of the City Administrative Center, is available to serve the public via its website https://www.finneycountygis.com/, by phone at 271-1780, or by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.