The City of Garden City Extends Utility Disconnection Moratorium to May 31, 2020
The City of Garden City previously suspended utility disconnects for non-payment until May 1, 2020, due to customers being impacted by the COVID -19 pandemic.
With the continued uncertainty of the pandemic and the financial difficulties some customers may face, the suspension of utility disconnects for non-payment has been extended to May 31, 2020. This temporary moratorium ensures that the City of Garden City utility customers will not be disconnected for non-payment.
The City has various bill payment options available to customers. If you typically pay in person, there are a couple of alternate methods you can use. These include:
- Pay Online at www.garden-city.org/onlineutilitypayment – available 24 hours a day, seven days a week using a credit card or bank account (bank account has no fees). Payments are posted immediately. No need to set up a user account, you can pay as a guest.
- Pay by Phone – call 620-276-1100 – available 24 hours a day, seven days a week using a credit card or bank account. Payments are posted immediately.
- Drive-thru – located on the north side of the City Administrative Center at 301 N 8th St. Available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Auto-withdrawal – automatic check withdrawal allows your payment to be made from your checking or savings account monthly. Call the Service and Finance Department at 620-276-1100 for more information.
- Curbside Drop-Box – available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The dropbox is located on the south side of the City Administrative Center at 301 N. 8th St.
- J.A.C.K – the utility payment kiosk located on the south side of the City Administrative Center at 301 N. 8th St. You must know your utility account number or have your bill with you to pay. You may pay with cash, check, or credit card. Payments are posted immediately.
Customers are encouraged to stay current with their utility bills to avoid getting too far behind. Customers who are financially impacted by COVID-19 can discuss making payment arrangements by calling the Service and Finance office at 620-276-1100.