Itinerant Merchant License

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Itinerant Merchant/Transient Vendor

If you are an itinerant merchant (also known as a transient vendor), you are required to obtain an Itinerant Merchant License from the City Clerk in order to lawfully operate your business. View the city's code defining an Itinerant Merchant License to verify if you and your business fall under this requirement. An Itinerant Merchant License can be obtained at the City Clerk's office located on the top floor of the City Administrative Center at 301 North 8th Street.


To acquire an Itinerant Merchant License you must supply the City Clerk's Office with a Kansas State Sales Tax Certificate and a letter of approval from the property owner (giving you permission to perform business on their property). You must also complete either a Local Itinerant Merchant License Application or a Non Local Itinerant Merchant License Application and pay the required fees.


  • Non Local Itinerant Merchant: $300/day or $900/month
  • Local Itinerant Merchant: $365 per calendar year

Additional Information

For further information, please contact the City Clerk at 620-276-1161.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer