Liquor License

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Apply for License

City Liquor Licenses may be obtained from the Service and Finance help desk located in the City Administrative Center, 301 North 8th Street. A State liquor license must be obtained and presented before a City Liquor License will be issued. Expiration date of city license will match expiration date on State Liquor License. To apply for a State of Kansas Liquor License, visit the Kansas Department of Revenue. K.S.A. 41-2622.

Who Can Apply

A City Liquor License will only be issued for Drinking Establishments Class A and Class B after the business has successfully passed inspections by City Code Enforcement and Fire Inspectors. To schedule inspections, please contact the Community Development Department at 620-276-1120 and the Garden City Fire Department at 620-276-1140.

Fees Per License Year

  • Drinking Establishment Class A and Class B: $250
  • Retail Liquor Store: $250

Additional Information

For further information, please contact the Service and Finance Department at 620-276-1100. See also Chapter 6 in the Code of Ordinance for information regarding the sale of Alcoholic Liquor and becoming licensed to sell Alcoholic Liquor.