Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Report a Violation

Currently, any tenant that feels they are living in a rental unit which does not meet the adopted minimum housing code must first read carefully the signed rental agreement they should have a copy of. They must then contact their landlord in writing. If the landlord does not resolve the problem within 15 days, the tenant may contact the Inspection Department at 620-276-1120 to schedule an inspection of the unit. The landlord will also be contacted to have the option of being present during the inspection. Garden City has adopted, and is currently enforcing the 1997, Uniform Housing Code. For those wishing to file a complaint, please visit E-Gov.

For information that will help resolve any questions which you may have as a tenant or a landlord of a rental property view the following:

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer