Digging safely is easy and FREE! In Kansas all you need to do is call 811 before you start to dig. Check out the site at www.kansasonecall.com for more information.
When Should I Call?
- If you're not sure a Line Locate is needed.
- Before you start a construction project.
- Before replacing or repairing buried utility services.
- When you are planting trees and shrubbery.
- When you build a Fence.
- When you install a Sprinkler System.
- When you build a Deck.
- When you construct concrete driveways, patios, and sidewalks.
- When you install a mailbox post.
For safety purposes and to eliminate utility service interruptions all individuals are required to request / schedule line locates on any projects that involve digging or excavation.
Individuals should call
- 48 hours before they begin their project to schedule line locates.
- Contacts: Call 811.
- Fees: There is no fee connected with this service.