In an effort to ensure that citizens of Garden City are served efficiently, the following policy will apply to the disposal of yard care clean up through weekly routine grass clippings and leaf rakings:
- Place the grass or leaves into the City provided container. As necessary, put in only a portion of the raked grass or leaves at a time between pick-ups to allow the continued use of the container by you and your neighbors for normal trash.
- Commercial yard care contractors are responsible for removal of commercially power raked grass or leaves including hauling the grass or leaves to the landfill.
- The owner / occupant may personally haul the grass or leaves to the landfill and pay the landfill's tipping fee.
- The responsibility for the removal of grass or leaves from the owner / occupant's premises is that of the owner / occupant.
- Under no circumstance shall the owner / occupant of the premises pile or push grass and/or leaves into the street. Such debris can end up being washed into drainage inlets during a storm, clogging the inlets and creating a flood hazard.
The City appreciates the cooperation of the public in ensuring this policy is followed. If additional information is needed, please contact the Street Division at (620) 276-1270 or e-mail PW.Website@gardencityks.us