Disposal of Tree Limbs & Brush Trimmings

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Disposal Procedure

The responsibility for the removal of tree limbs, hedge, or brush clippings from the owner / occupant's premises is that of the owner / occupant, except those limbs cut by City or commercial utilities who will remove what they cut. Removal of commercially cut tree limbs, hedge, or brush clippings must be accomplished by having your contract with the commercial yard care contractor include hauling the tree limbs, hedge, or brush clippings to the landfill, or you may haul it yourself. Removal of owner / occupant tree limbs, hedge or brush clippings shall be by one of the following methods:

  • Cut or break limbs to fit into the City provided container without jamming them into the container. The limbs should be no longer than four feet in length and two inches in diameter. As necessary, put in only a few at a time between pick-ups, to allow the continued use of the container by you and your neighbors for normal trash.
  • Large trees or limbs brought down by significant storms will continue to be picked up and removed by the City free of charge, by contacting the Street Division at (620) 276-1270.
  • The owner / occupant may contact the Street Division to schedule an appointment for the Rent-A-Truck Program (no commercially cut limbs permitted). This program runs from April 1st to September 30th. A City truck will be delivered to the owner / occupant's address for a minimum charge of $30.00.
  • The owner / occupant may personally haul the tree limbs, hedge or brush clippings to the landfill and pay their fee or schedule an appointment to dump at the Kiddie Pond by contacting the Parks Division at (620) 271-1574.
  • The owner / occupant may request that the City remove the tree limbs, hedge, or brush clippings. This will be done on an as needed basis when crews and proper equipment are available. The fee for this City service is $60 per hour for the time involved at the jobsite ($75 per hour with front-end loader). A separate billing for this fee will be mailed out. If you would like to use this service, please contact the Public Works Department at (620) 276-1260.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer