Since 1991, the City has taken an active approach in traditional recycling and also offers more creative recycling opportunities for its residents. The Recycle Center is located at 125 JC Street. For questions regarding our recycling options, please feel free to call 620-276-1278. We are available Monday – Friday from 7:00am – 4:00pm to assist you.
We offer free pickup service for commercial paper and cardboard within city limits. Drop off service is also available free of charge to all Finney County residents.
Drop Off Locations
- 125 JC Street
- Westlake Hardware Parking Lot - 1210 Fleming Street
- Dillon's West - 1211 Buffalo Jones
- Pershing Manor - Third Street and Kansas Avenue
- First Southern Baptist Church - 2708 N. Third Street
- Ron's Market - 106 N. Jones, Holcomb
If you want to recycle any of the items below, please follow the instructions provided. All items will need to be delivered to our Recycling Center. We look forward to working with you and we will continue striving to meet your recycling needs.
- Office paper: Staples and paper clips are okay
- Computer paper: Bond, letterhead, ruled tablet, notebook, envelopes without plastic windows or self-adhesive labels, yellow and blue bar paper. No carbon paper.
- Office pack/colored paper: Pastels and light shades only, carbonless, light colored envelopes - no windows or labels
- Shredded office paper: Should be sorted into the same categories as above and can be mixed with unshredded paper of the same type. No carbon paper!
- Newspapers: Inserts okay
- Magazines: Inserts okay
- Aluminum cans: Donations only
- Tin cans: Rinse and remove labels
- Corrugated cardboard: Non glossy
- Plastics, except #5: There should be a triangle with a number in it, usually on the bottom. Remove lids and rinse out. Please no plastic bags.
- Glass: Accepted ONLY at the Recycle Center - 125 JC Street
Items Not Accepted
The items not accepted in our recycling program are listed below. These are items that are not necessarily non-recyclable; just items in which we do not currently have the facilities required to recycle them.
- Anything that is dirty or unprepared
- Construction, groundwood, carbon microfiche, wax / plastic coated, goldenrod, dark colors, or neon paper
- Envelopes with adhesive labels or windows, brown, or tan clasp envelopes
- Food wrapping, paper towels, or trash
- Non-corrugated cardboard, cereal boxes, or glossy boxes
- Notebooks/workbooks with glue or spiral binding, including hardback books
- Tin foil, pie plates, styrofoam, or plastic bags
As technology takes on a bigger role in our everyday lives and with the frequent updating of new electronics, the City is now offering E-Waste recycling. E-Waste recycling offers our residents an outlet to safely dispose of items such as computers, cell phones, and office equipment. Certain electronic waste can be dropped off at the Recycle Center, located at 125 JC Street.
- Computers and Laptops
- Computer Parts: Drives, Keyboards, Wires, Mice, Power Supplies, Etc.
- Fax Machines
- VCR/DVD Players
- Two-way Radios
- Cell phones
- MP3 Players
Items Not Accepted:
- Portable Stereos