Spring and Fall Clean-Ups are City-wide initiatives to clean up personal property in Garden City. City waste collection crews facilitate the effort with expanded residential neighborhood collections routes.
Items eligible for pick-up must be sorted and placed by the street curb by 8:00 a.m. on the scheduled day of neighborhood collection. Alley pick-ups will not be accommodated. Do not block water meters with debris. Sort tree trimmings, old furniture, boxes, and appliances into separate piles. Tree trimmings may not be longer than 8 feet in length. Limit one truckload of tree branches/brush per home. Refrigerators will only be picked up through special arrangement with the Street Division, (620) 276-1270.
- Any Wastes Created by a Contractor for Tree Trimming, Home Remodeling, Etc.
- Demolition Debris
- Grass Clippings
- Liquid Paints and Petroleum Products (i.e. oil, roofing tar, crack sealer, gasoline, diesel)
- Shingles or Roofing Materials
- Vehicle Motors or Batteries
- Contact the Street Division at (620) 276-1270 for further information.